Buying a Home
Buying a home is an exciting and complex adventure. It can also be a very time-consuming and costly one if you're not familiar with all aspects of the process, and don't have all the best information and resources at hand.
One of my specialties is representing the best interests of Minneapolis area buyers throughout the home buying process. I listen to what my buyer are saying, what the buyers needs are and then we discuss what I have to offer.
A comprehensive, high-quality services can save you time and money, as well as make the experience more enjoyable and less stressful. You will receive up to date listings from the MLS, and also have an account with Listing Book, a special service I offer to my buyers.
If you're like most people, buying a home is the biggest investment you will ever make. So whether you're buying a starter home, your dream home or an investment property, why not take advantage of my experience as a local market.
Once you decide to buy a home, choosing the right real estate agent to represent you during this transaction is the most important decision you will make.
- I learn what you need to do first. Get the facts. Get pre-approved! Have lenders available for you to choose from and are comfortable with.
- I have an efficient, computerized property information systems.
- I am committed to excellence.
- I will identify available homes that meet your criteria whether they are listed by Counselor Realty or another Realtor.
- You will hear from me on a weekly or daily if you prefer, with basis with updates on what is happening in the market place.
- I will advise and assist you in obtaining a mortgage from a reliable lender, giving you names and phone numbers for your review.
- I will advise you on the preparation of an offer.
- I will monitor progress toward closing when your contract is accepted.
- I will stay in contact with the listing agent to make sure things are proceeding smoothly.
- I will attend the closing with you.
Pre-Buyer Counseling/Education on a one to one appointment
- ¨We will discuss what the buyer’s expectations are.
- The time frame for finding a home (lease ending?)
- Whether you have or have not looked at homes previously?
- What are the buyers looking for in an agent?
- ¨Describe process of home buying.
- ¨Disclosure issues (forms) that sellers will have available to buyers
- Sellers Property Disclosure Statement
- Well and septic issues
- Code compliance issues
- ¨What are the buyers housing needs:
- Number of beds/baths
- Drive time/vicinity to work
- School requirements
- Recreational requirements